I love to pamper my skin with bath and body products, most of which I make at home. Not only is this a less expensive option, most of the time I actually like my DIY products better than chemical-laden versions found in retail stores. This is especially true for exfoliants such as body scrubs. There are several variations that you can make at home and today I am going to share one of my favorites, DIY coffee body scrub.
Coffee offers many benefits to the skin due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In skin care products, coffee acts like a diuretic that can reduce swelling and temporarily improve the visibility of cellulite. Coffee also stimulates blood flow which helps even out skin tone and promote a more radiant appearance. I always caution clients about using manual or physical exfoliants however, coffee can be finely ground so that it doesn’t scratch the skin so it is an excellent choice for a homemade body scrub.
I made the DIY body scrub shown below yesterday and I loved how soft my skin felt after using it. For best results, I suggest using a dry brush to exfoliate prior to showering or bathing.
DIY coffee body scrub
- 1 c coffee grounds
- 3 tbsp finely ground sea salt
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Vitamin E capsule
- Essential oils of your choice
- Combine dry ingredients in a clean mason jar or other container and mix well.
- Slowly pour in coconut oil while stirring to combine.
- Add a few drops of essential oil for fragrance. I used patchouli, frankincense and bergamot.
- Poke a hole in vitamin E capsule and add to scrub. Mix well then store in an amber jar for maximum lifespan.
Sending peace, love & happiness to all!