- Hi, my name is Kelly. I am an artist, writer & Jesus girl with a passion for helping others discover and embrace their identity, value and confidence in Christ.Latest posts by Kelly Kirby Worley (see all)
- Do your core beliefs line up with what God says about you? - October 15, 2021
- Intercessory Prayer saves Peter’s life - August 12, 2021
- You can trust the Bible without reservation - July 30, 2021
Do you recognize the lies used by the enemy to make you stumble? “If things don’t work out the way I plan, it means I do not have enough faith.” This is one of Satan’s go-to lies he uses to undermine my faith and make me think that God is holding out on me because I don’t live up to his expectations.
Seduction and Deceit
Deceit is one of the enemy’s favorite tactics in his assault on God’s children. Since he has no authority over us, he seductively wields questions at us to create confusion. To make us doubt God’s goodness and faithfulness.
The only offensive weapon we have in this spiritual battle is God’s Word, the Sword of the Spirit. That’s why spending time reading the Bible every day is crucial in rebuking the enemy’s lies.
So when the enemy tries to make me think that God is holding out on me because I don’t have enough faith in him, I know he is lying because:
- James says trials come to test our faith, to produce perseverance. (James 1:2-3);
- The apostle Peter says God allows problems in our lives to test us. (1 Peter 4:12-14)
- The apostle Paul says God uses all things for the good for those who love him. (Romans 8:28); and
- Paul tells us that we will face trials because of our faith. (1 Thessalonians 3:3-4)
Uncover the lies so you can replace them with Truth
Do you know what lie or false belief the enemy uses to create doubt in your life? If you don’t, think about an area of your life where conflict and confusion is a common element. Chances are that’s your Achilles’ heel. Once you uncover the lie, use your Bible’s concordance to search scriptures that speak Truth over your false beliefs.
Remembering who God says we are keeps our emotions under control and equips us to live in the victory that is ours in Christ.
Sending peace, love, and prayers to all!
Other content you may enjoy: