- Wait and be joyful because you know God’s help is on the way! - July 29, 2020
- Sent : Living a Life that Invites Others to Jesus - July 26, 2020
- If the stars are made to worship, so will I - July 23, 2020
With social distancing being necessary to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus, spending time with God and His Word each day is absolutely critical. Isolation from other believers makes us easy targets for the enemy to tempt us with doubt and fear. The enemy knows that if he can isolate us, he can influence us.
Fear can rob us of three essential gifts from God that we desperately need at this time:
- A power that enables us to live a life of faith when it’s not easy,
- Love that is selfless and enables us to share and sacrifice when it’s not convenient, and
- A sound mind that makes it possible for us to experience peace, even when everything seems to be going wrong.
Fear focuses our attention on ourselves and on things we do not need to consider. It fills our minds with “what ifs” and hypothetic scenarios, all of which end in defeat and despair.
Unless we shift our focus, we will be utterly consumed by fear. Now, more than ever, we need to rely on the truth of God’s Word, and it’s accompanying power to safely direct us to the other side of the storm.
Sending peace, love, and prayers to all!